Friday, September 16, 2011

Very Busy Friday

Long and miserable day of riding. After taking the early (0800) ferry to St. Barbe NF, i got on the bile and didnt stop. 565km of 70-100km/hr headwinds. It was a fight to stay at 80km/hr with my giant sail of a sidecar rig.
In addition to slowing me down, the wind took a nasty toll on my fuel consumption. I finally rolled into Port Aux Basque around 1800 and found the nearest place to put dry and warm (ish) cloths on. The lady at the Vistors center was really helpful and pointed me to the local mall, there I found a family restaurant serving salt cod fish cake dinner for $8.
I have reservations for the 2330 ferry out of Newfoundland, there us a good chance of a hold up due to high winds. I won't mind if they find me a cabin.

No comments:

Post a Comment