Sunday, September 25, 2011

750 miles should be considered an iron butt for a Ural!

With a long day ahead I woke up at 0730, packed the bike and checked the fluids and spokes. With no issues I hit the road.
Making an average 60mph it was a nice day for cruising. I met up with the writer for a Canadian motorcycle tour book and a few riders for a local cancer ride.
The weather could not have been nicer, 60-70 degrees and sunny. My time estimates were landing spot on, I reached the US border around 1700 filled up my tank (half the cost as Canada)
I was able to complete the airline (road from Calias to Bangor) by dark, it is twisty deer filled road so I was happy to hit the highway after dark. After a stop in Bangor for fuel and to layer up, it was getting cold fast I headed to Augusta.
It got really cold really fast, a much needed cup of coffee and putting on my winter riding jacket over everything I was already wearing helped alot.
The next stop was to be the service station in Kennebunkport 15 miles from home.
When I was approaching the Saco exit I had a blowout on the highway. Of course it had to be my main drive wheel with the bent axle. Slowing my hack down and trying to prevent a flip over took some mussel. Unable to repair the flat I thought of options 30 miles from my house.
I was able to catch Zip before he settled into bed and he was able to grab his trailer and come to the rescue.
The millage for the final day will have to be 720 Ural miles 30 pickup miles. Time for some much needed sleep.

BRGDS
-Noah Blanchard

No comments:

Post a Comment