Thursday, September 15, 2011

Arrive in Cartwright

There could not have been a nicer town to break down in, these people are the nicest iv ever encountered. Within an hour everyone in town knew I was looking for a ride to Goose Bay.
My plan changed when I found out a flight out of Goose Bay is around $1,800 ( if I couldn't get the bike fixed) and the ferry would not get there until Sunday night.
The idea of getting back to pavement and closer to Maine seemed like the best choice. The closer I got to home the more likely it was I could get home get my truck and pick up a stranded Ural.
It looked bleak and I was planning on waking up very early on Thursday to drive the 400km back on the road that bent a 1" piece of round steel.
Remember what I said about these people being nice, I got a knock at my hotel around 2200, the guys from the waterfront had found me a transport back to Blanc-Sablon. A tractor truck had an empty load and was leaving at 0830. This would skip the rough road and give me the best chance to make it home under my own power.

No comments:

Post a Comment