Saturday, September 24, 2011

Ferry to the mainland

High winds delayed my ferry from even entering port Friday night. If you leave your spot in line there is a chance that you may not get on the next boat. I spent the night on the floor in the ferry terminal, I faired better than those attempting to sleep in their cars. The temperature was right at freezing all night with high winds.
At 1700 when the ferry finally docked you could hear everyone at the terminals excitement.
I was unable to get a cabin, this ended up not being a problem, I got a solid three hours of sleep on the deck. The plan was to start riding at 0100 Sunday morning. I quickly found out that the American 24hr gas station was just that American.
With the next major town 100 miles away and there not being a guarantee of late night gas there I found an inexpensive motel. The manager at the hotel said the earliest any stations would open on Sunday was 0900. I guess I will get a good nights rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment