Thursday, April 26, 2012

Stage One Complete

After 5 states and 800 miles doorstep to doorstep I made it to Atlanta, or just north there of. I met up with Allen at his restaurant in a town just north of Atlanta, he treated me to a beer and blackened alligator. This is become a tradition after a long ride (Key West last year)
After a tall drink I'm passing out on Allen's couch. The plan is to make DC by 1500, I'm not sure if I will but the Masonic Memorial closes at 1600 and I'm not waiting till 1000 Saturday when it opens.
All and all a great day of riding, my saddle is a bit sore but after the first 500 miles you just forget. I'd like to push the Tiger to over 200 miles between fill ups, bringing her to the empty light I only put in 4 gal of a 5.2 gal tank.
She likes 5,500-6,000 rpm's, seems to get 45-50 mpg when trucking along at 85-90mph.
If I get up by 0500 tomorrow it will be a miracle but here goes.

1 comment: