Monday, January 30, 2012

My longest winter ride to date

Winter ride from Portsmouth NH to Bar Harbor ME. The trip was just over 200 miles, I choose the coastal route of Rt 1 over the highway. Leaving around 1600 I was able to get just under an hour of riding in prior to sunset. A quick stop in Portland to layer up, and I was good to brave the 25 degree weather. I was very comfortable through the trip, my feet did get cold between Bucksport and Ellsworth. I met up with my friend Alice in Ellsworth at Finn's pub where she works. After a few pints, we headed to Bar Harbor for the night. Today I will take back roads following the water to Castine.

The Ural did great during the ride, she is pulling a bit to starboard, I predict it's just a matter of adjusting the toe in/out of the sidecar. The hack (sidecar) saved my ass a few times last night, black ice everywhere. I can't count how many times I would have bit the dust on two wheels. I was able to comfortably cruise at 65/mph using 75% throttle, this is mostly due to getting the correct carburetor jets installed. This will be my last run with conventional oil, sometime around 9,500 km I will switch to synthetic engine oil.

BRGDS

Noah Blanchard
BRGDS

Noah Blanchard

No comments:

Post a Comment